Sunday, April 24, 2011

Things on the Go

One of the things about independent projects is that you generally don't have somebody bugging you with deadlines. In some ways it's nice, but it makes self-discipline more important. In an effort to make my self-imposed deadlines a little more concrete, here's a list of the things I'm working on now:

  • At the Lovely Touch - another short story, more serious in tone about Chinese gangsters in Vancouver. Part of a series tentatively called Danger in Vancouver. This story is finished and is just waiting an edition pass and a cover.
  • Unspecified Start-up Project - just maybe Bryna, Brent, Tony and will embark on a independent project. I have some documents to write up about the concept, and I need them done very soon.
  • The next installment in the Prince Arkenbright series - I know what I'm writing, I even have a couple of key passages. I just have to find the time to sit down and do it.
  • Hong Kong Film Project #1 - I'm working with a couple of guys, Keith and Howard, who have a pretty cool idea for a Hong Kong film. I've started on a treatment of their idea and I need to finish it. Then we'll try to pitch it in Hong Kong.
  • Hong Kong Film Project #2 - this is another screenplay I want to write and pitch in Hong Kong, once everything above has been squared away.
  • ... and then there are one or two things that I'm not supposed to mention at all; so I won't.
Enough to keep me busy for the next little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment